Starting a Chapter
Now that an advisor has decided to sponsor a local HOSA chapter, it’s as easy as 1-2-3.
- Email the North Dakota HOSA State Director.
- Submit your letter of intent and the membership application to the state advisor.
If you came to a program that already has a HOSA chapter, your next steps will involve learning about the HOSA chapter from last year’s members.
- $20 - Includes National and State fees
Organizing a New Chapter
If you are starting a new HOSA chapter, you have a great opportunity to create an exceptional student organization. Here’s how:
- Get approval. Make sure you follow the rules of your school and get the support of administrators.
- Develop interest. Tell students the purpose of HOSA, refer them to the website, and ask students to suggest activity ideas for their HOSA chapter.
- Have a start-up plan. Ask interested students to put together the Constitution and Bylaws
- Plan for electing officers.
- Empower the students to lead. Tell the students what they need to do and help guide them along the way.
- Affiliate. Collect dues and complete online chapter affiliation.
- Give the students the rule book. Send students to the HOSA Handbook Section C.
If you would like to start a local chapter, join HOSA as a professional or alumni member, or are considering a partnership with HOSA, please contact us!